In a Trump era, many people are scared. Some are scared of losing jobs, not being able to find jobs, etc. Others are starting or trying to grow their businesses. The one thing that people don't have enough of is opportunity.
One area that is often overlooked and neglected as an opportunity is the area of technology. We live in the digital age we're things that were only possible on a cartoon called the Jetsons have become commonplace. Plenty of us use the technology, but very few of
us (less than 0.05%) are actually manufacturing and developing the technology, Let alone coding it.
Nate Bernadeau is a Haitian American who lives in Washington DC and is passionate about changing that number. His site myconnect.media is not only an alternative to Facebook, which has been known to block African Americans for various unknown reasons (see what happened to the Shade Room's page of 4 million fans). This makes it unstable for people who are trying to consistently grow a Fanbase.
Then when you factor in what happens when a potential employer looks at your Facebook profile, tens of thousands of job opportunities are missed because someone decided to have a few drinks and take a few inappropriate pictures. Myconnect seeks to fix that and change the way that social media operates by:
* Users can create 2 profiles, 1 personal and 1 professional or resume profile. Both will be kept separate so potential employers won't be able to spy on you.
* Users can post links, upload images, videos, music to create a music playlist.
* Businesses will be able to do target marketing similar to Facebook and other social networking sites.
* Users can create Communities and within each Community, users will be able to create sub Communities or Categories.
* 10 star rating system for Businesses. (This can allow folks to give more feedback than what Yelp! currently offers)
In addition to this eye opening interview, Dave Talks about what steps you need to take in 2017 in order to dominate your business, how to identify the holes left by your competition and how your attitude towards success must change
- pitch close v3