Spreaker Live Show #101 for Feb 8th, 2017
Our Topics This Week:
- Spreaker Updates Show Statistics that Rattles a Few
- We clarify on the mysterious disappearing play and download counts!
- No one lost any plays or downloads
- Do Podcasters Really Need a Website?
- Listener Comments Discussed
Show Duration: 50 minutes
Host: Rob Greenlee, Head of Content, Spreaker @robgreenlee - rob(at)spreaker(dotcom)
Co-Host: Alex Exum, Host of “The Exum Experience Podcast” on Spreaker
Our Tip of the
Week is back: Do You Really need a Website for your Podcast? We will discuss that later in the episode, but let’s get to the “MAIN EVENT”!
This week Spreaker added a big new feature in our CMS area “New Statistics and We Removed Play and Download counts from public show, user profile and episode pages”
- This change has drawn concerns from many, this change was recommended by me to the Spreaker team a year ago.
- Why this change?
- I believe and my experience is that most show creators don’t really want everyone to know these numbers. Most very professional pro podcaster only share numbers with advertisers.
- Listeners seeing these numbers can lead people to only listen to your most popular episodes, the sheep syndrome.
- Brings more focus on comment interactivity and followers
- Your show will be judged less based on audience size and more on its content quality
- Plays and Downloads counts have been gone from Spreaker Listening Apps for months
- No one lost any plays or downloads with this update, may seem like it but
- This is because before we aggregated plays + downloads in the same `Plays` and now we separate them, so the sum of `Total All time plays` and `Total Downloads` in the CMS should be the number they had before.
Spreaker has a Blog at http://Blog.Spreaker.com
We explain this BIG CMS Update: The Numbers Game: New Statistics added to Spreaker’s CMS
This show can be heard in: SLS show Apps on iOS and Android, Spreaker Podcast Radio apps for Android and iOS, iTunes, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Google Play Music, Radioline.com! Please leave a review.
Reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org and @robgreenlee, Alex how can listeners reach you?
Tweet @Spreaker on Twitter, Spreaker.com
Podcasting Tip of the Week is back: Do You Really need a Website for your Podcast?
-Simply said, YES. It may not seem like it, but you do for so many reasons
-It is also true that Spreaker provides a website for your show at Spreaker.com
-SLS has a redirect SpreakerLiveShow.com to it’s Spreaker show page
-Truth is that your website will not be the primary place people use to listen to your show, but is a marketing tool to help with listener recruitment, loyalty building and sampling.
-Spreaker has a WordPress plugin for posting episode to your blog.
-Search discovery and an easy way to drive listeners to learn more about your show.
-Add Subscribe links and audio players
Listener Comments from SLS100
Are there any plans to add video to the desktop app?
rob at spreaker.com
Send Questions and Comments to:
Twitter: http://twitter.com/spreaker using #SpreakerLive
Tech Support: support at spreaker.com
SLS101 SpreakerStatsUpdate 2 8 17 final