A Hen in the Wolfhouse (2×05) — WTL7067
This episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. answers the question: who is the hen? And where is the wolfhouse?
And this episode of Welcome to Level Seven answers the question: can these two yahoos figure out how to run a simple mixing board?
Face My Enemy (2×03) — WTL7065
Ben faces his enemy -- AT&T and their lack of internet -- as he and Daniel talk about the latest Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode!
Marvel cancels Fantastic Four comics
First footage of the Guardians of the Galaxy animated series -- http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/guardians-of-the-galaxy/240094/watch-first-footage-from-guardians-of-the-galaxy-animated-series
ABC will be airing another hour long Marvel Primetime special -- http://marvel.com/news/tv/23433/marvel_to_celebrate_75_years_with_1-hour_primetime_special_on_abc
Marvel is trying to really screw over 20th Century Fox? -- http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-X-Men-Won-t-Give-Us-Any-More-Mutants-67602.html
Images from the Daredevil Netflix series -- http://www.newsarama.com/22408-nycc-2014-marvel-s-daredevil-on-netflix-panel-live.html
Robert Downey, Jr. in Cap 3 -- http://variety.com/2014/film/news/robert-downey-jr-to-join-captain-america-3-exclusive-1201312229/
Making Friends and Influencing People (2×03) — WTL7065
Hydra tried to knock us down, but couldn't knock us out! Internet problems have been conquered and here's out new episode!
Although, Ben seems to have watched the episode while Daniel was reading a book...and Daniel makes the most amazing episode analysis in the history of Welcome to Level Seven!
Heavy Is the Head (2×02) — WTL7064
Episode two of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is "Heavy is the Head" and features a lot of changes.
Coulson has changed, and not just because he's the director.
Skye has changed into a skilled field agent.
Fitz's injury has caused changes, and he is facing more changes. But what direction will that lead him?
There's new agents working with the team.
And...NO MORE LEVELS???
Not a lot of news. And that's okay by us.
Although there was something that was NOT okay by Daniel.
And Ben still hasn't watched Chronicle.
We discuss the episode, of course...
...and discuss your feedback!
"Shadows" (2×01) — WTL7063
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns! Episode 1 of season 2 -- "Shadows" -- is today's topic and we jump right into it!
From Agent Carter at the beginning to Crucher Creel at the end, there is so much to talk about!
Thor and Daredevil! (The Incredible Hulk TV movies) — WTL7062
It's The Incredible Hulk Returns and The Trial of the Incredible Hulk as Ben and Daniel take a trip in some sort of time machine to revisit the time when a cancelled TV series came back for a couple more melancholy walks to the tune of The Lonely Man piano.
Should every walk down memory lane include the Lonely Man theme?
* Stick has been cast for Daredevil! SOURCE: Marvel.com
* Jarvis will be joining the cast of Agent Carter! SOURCE: Marvel.com
* Welcome to Level Seven is hosting a fantasy football league. Ben doesn't want to talk about it. And here's why. SOURCE: ESPN
* Ben has been binge watching Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Here's the articles he's been writing. SOURCE: Welcome to Level Seven
* Wal-Mart is selling graphic novels! SOURCE: Ben & Comics Alliance
* Official synopsis of Avengers: Age of Ultron. SOURCE: Marvel.com
* Official synopsis of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 2, episode 1. SOURCE: TV.com
We talk about the expanded Marvel TV universe, as Bill Bixby brings Hulk back to TV in the form of two backdoor pilots, one for Thor and one for Daredevil.
Watch The Incredible Hulk Returns here!
Watch The Trial of the Incredible Hulk here!
Marvel Comics: 75 Years of Comic Art — interview with writer Alan Cowsill — WTL7
For a change of pace, we interviewed the author of DK publishing's Marvel Comics: 75 Years of Comic Art.
The beautiful art book contains hundreds of pages featuring the iconic art of around 500 Marvel comic covers. We find out how Alan selected the covers, what covers he was not allowed to select, and what Marvel UK characters he would like to see get MCUed. And we geek out with him on things like Marvel sci-fi comics, World War I history, and more!
Alan's websire is here: www.alancowsill.com
The book can be purchased from Amazon here:
CAPTAIN AMERICA'S TV MOVIES! — WTL7060
In this episode, we explore the TV history of Captain America, with the Reb Brown TV movies Captain America and Captain America II: Death Too Soon.
And we have a LOT of fun doing it.
ASK US ANYTHING — WTL7059
You the listeners set the topics for this episode!
We asked you for questions for us to discuss, and you delivered!
From what DC characters would we like to see in the MCU to what was the biggest misstep the Marvel Cinematic Universe has taken, we discuss the fun topics you have given us!
* Ben will be at Wizardworld Chicago. His table is D50, and his Hedge Knight collaborator will be there as well!
* John Slattery in Ant-Man? SOURCE: Cinema Blend
* Production on Ant-Man has begun! SOURCE: Marvel
* Falcon not taking the shield on the silver screen any time soon. SOURCE: Hollywood Reporter
* Inhumans movie being written. SOURCE: Collider
* Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has its Mockingbird! SOURCE: Marvel
We talk about . . . well, the things You wanted us to talk about!
This episode was requested by a listener on Facebook (Agent Brian, thanks!) and we thought it sounded like a very fun idea.
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY — WTL7058
Guardians of the Galaxy made a lot of money in its opening weekend, and some of that money came from us! Was it money worth spending? We examine the movie and have reports from listeners about their opinions.
NOTE: Here is the direct link to our support page, where you an learn more details about how to support the podcast. And you can also learn more about Howard the Duck. As a thank you for anyone who support the podcast, we're giving you a bonus episode: The Howard the Duck feature length commentary!
* Fantastic Four has wrapped shooting. SOURCE: Yahoo!
* Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. is getting it's own Marvel 616 comic, which will introduce Marvel comic versions of TV characters. SOURCE: Marvel (WTL7 will be covering this comic in future post credit sequences!)
* Many new characters are coming to Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D., along with some familiar faces. SOURCE: Marvel
* The date for the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel has been set. SOURCE: Marvel
* Guardians of the Galaxy's opening weekend was $94 million. SOURCE: Entertainment Weekly
* Marvel screened Guardians of the Galaxy for Rocket's creator, Bill Mantlo. SOURCE: IO9
* Captain America 3 will feature Winter Soldier. Duh. SOURCE: Collider
Guardians of the Galaxy! Nuff said!
Listeners chime in with their thoughts of the movie! Thanks guys, you make doing this podcast awesome!
A special musical guest...
THE INCREDIBLE HULK TV SERIES — WTL7057
We dive back in time and get nostalgic about The Incredible Hulk, ask if it still stands up, and list what the MCU can learn from this classic TV show!
Ben also rants about Fantastic Four and gives a report about the Gotham Pilot!
Stick around after the credits for a special song: "Purple Stretchy Pants (Bruce Banner's Lament)"
And we announce our new podcast, Comic Book Time Machine!
* Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has a premiere date: September 23! Two weeks after the release of the DVD series!
* Wizardworld Chicago is August 21-24 and Ben will be there! If you're coming, please find him and chat!
* The Marvel movie dates have been revealed into 2019. SOURCE: Deadline.
* Casting news: a new character has a casting call. SOURCE: TV Guide
* Casting news: Lucy Lawless is joining the cast. SOURCE: TV Guide
* Fantastic Four actors open their mouths and get people uninterested in the upcoming movie:
Kate Mara's interview
Michael B. Jordan's interview
Simon Kinberg's damage control
* Sinister Six has a release date. November 11, 2016. Amazing Spider-Man 3 is now slated for 2018. SOURCE: Hollywood Reporter
* Daredevil has cast their Karen Page. SOURCE: Entertainment Weekly
* Daredevil will have a gritty 70s New York feel. SOURCE: Comic Book Resources
* Marvel comic characters who are related to the big screen characters have been going through some big changes:
Iron Man has new armor
Captain America has a new man carrying the shield
Thor has a new gender
* Ben saw the Gotham pilot episode, courtesy of BuyMeToys.com
Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno entered the living rooms and captured the imagination of TV audiences for four and a half seasons. This Marvel superhero was, for those years in the late 70s and early 80s, the most visible Marvel character in the world, bringing in people who were not reading comics but who wanted to follow the Hulk's adventures.
Ben and Daniel talk about their own memories and how they enjoyed revisiting the series this summer.
Comic Talk: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY — WTL7056
Today, Guardians of the Galaxy's comic books and novels are the topic! Ben and Daniel have had some fun reading Guardians materials and in this episode they chat about it, using the conversation about the comics to talk about the characters!
The Coulson/Avengers poll Ben typed in as they were talking. SOURCE: Welcome to Level Seven
Andy Serkis is working on Avengers 2. SOURCE: Escapist Magazine
Avengers set photos. SOURCE: Comic Book Movie
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. comics. SOURCE: Marvel
Between Disney's review of Infinity Gauntlet. SOURCE: Between Disney
Guardians of the Galaxy, the MOVIE, is coming. And that means lots of Guardians of the Galaxy comics to capitalize on it. And some of them are what some people might actually call good!
We open the mailbox and read through some messages from, honestly, the best listeners out there!
TRUST ME (Clark Gregg's Movie) — WTL7055
When he's not being awesome acting as Agent Coulson of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Clark Gregg is off proving he's awesome doing everything else. Case in point: "Trust Me", the recently released movie he starred in, directed, and wrote. Also, this episode's topic!
MCU It! — WTL7054
What Marvel characters would we like to see integrated into the Marvel Cinematic Universe?
How would we do it?
Those are some of the questions we explore in the newest episode of Welcome to Level Seven!
"Podcasters Assemble!" (Roundtable #2) — WTL7053
This is the second, but not the last, podcasting roundtable, featuring a number of our fellow Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. podcasters!
This episode we talk about the season finale, Guardians of the Galaxy, the future of Hydra, and our favorite moments of the season.
Rob and Jack, our hosts, from Nuff Said Podcast!
Nicki and Andy from the Helicarrier Podcast!
And, of course, us.
X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST — WTL7052
For this episode, Ben and Daniel discuss X-Men: Days of Future Past. And yes, it was much more of a discussion than their discussion of Amazing Spider-Man 2!
Edgar Wright leaves Ant-Man. SOURCE: Variety
James Gunn's response to Edgar Wright leaving Ant-Man. SOURCE: Facebook
Joss Whedon's solidarity with Edgar Wright. SOURCE: Twitter
Edgar Wright's own response (pulled from his Twitter feed). SOURCE: Screen Rant
Drew Goddard leaves Daredevil, replaced by Stephen S. DeKnight. SOURCE: Marvel
Marvel is releasing alternate covers featuring the Art of Level 7 illustrations from the end of the season. SOURCE: Marvel
Both original X-Men and First Class X-Men actors returning for X-Men: Age of Apocalypse. SOURCE: Daily Beast
Charlie Cox has been cast as Daredevil. SOURCE: Marvel
Ben and Daniel look back at X-Men: Day of Future Past!
A few awesome items from our listeners.
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 and Listener Feedback (mostly listener feedback) — WTL7051
It’s a listener feedback extravaganza, taking on the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. finale, Amazing Spider-Man 2, and much, much more!
* Ben and Daniel share their convention stories from the last weekend.
* Agent Carter is eight episodes long! Source: http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/agent-carter/235771/hayley-atwell-talks-agent-carter-character-and-episodes
* Eden Sher from The Middle had a meeting with Marvel. But what was it about? Source: http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/05/21/eden-sher-meets-with-marvel
* Big Hero 6 has a trailer! Source: https://www.yahoo.com/movies/big-hero-6-exclusive-teaser-trailer-walt-disney-86509088837.html
Can we call it a discussion? Ben talks about Amazing Spider-Man 2, as much as he is allowed. Daniel talks about Amazing Spider-Man 2, if by talking you mean rant!
A metric ton of awesome listener feedback! Some of them explaining what Ben was trying to say about Amazing Spider-Man 2! Also, Ben creates controversy by doing something twice!
"Beginning of the End" (1×22) — WTL7050
It's the season finale of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. with "Beginning of the End"! The uprising is over, and there is a new status quo! and we're ready to talk about it all!
This episode also marks the end of OUR season one! Next week we are starting our season two! Fifty episodes! One year! twenty-two fantastic episode of one great show! And a ton of awesome conversation and community! It's been great!
* Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been renewed for another season! Also, a time change. It will now be in the 9:00 timeslot! Source: Marvel
* Agent Carter has been ordered! It will fill in for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. during the hiatus! Source: Marvel (same as above)
* Channing Tatum will be Gambit and may get a standalone movie. Source: Huffington Post
* Hugh Jackman MAY consider coming back to Wolverine. Source: ABC
* Cybertek offices? Why does this seemingly innocuous tag really matter? We;ll find out.
* Garrett is insane in the membrane!
* Ward is directionless.
* FitzSimmons are trapped on the bottom of the sea!
* Until they aren't. But poor Fitz!
* Coulson's team is the A-Team!
* Garrett is TRULY crazy.
* Raina has no allegiance to Garrett, but she does want what he has.
* Now THAT'S a halfway point turn around!
* Next episode: listener feedback and Amazing Spider-Man 2!
"Ragtag" (1×21) — WTL7049
"Ragtag," the penultimate episode of the season, has our Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. doing some spying and some crying! Another fantastic episode, we're excited for and dreading next week!
* This episode was brought to you by the generous support of Agent Lisa!
* The votes have been cast! X-Men: First Class will be our next feature commentary! We will be recording it this summer and making it available as a special bonus episode, like our Howard the Duck commentary! More as it happens!
* We have a contest! Next week, we are giving away some fun gifts, and all you have to do is watch our Facebook page for some pictures that Daniel and Ben will be posting. Like those pictures, and you will be entered into the drawing! Leave a caption for the pictures in the comments, and you will be given another entry! We will be posting SEVEN pictures, so that's FOURTEEN potential entries!
If you're not on Facebook, don't worry. You can e-mail us your caption and we will post it in the comments and you are entered into the contest! E-mail it to us here.
Our first photo to be captioned can be found here: Wednesday's photo
Our Facebook page is here: Welcome to Level Seven on Facebook
* This episode had three different through-lines:
1. The Ward/Garrett flashbacks, which give us a lot of insight into their relationship and both of their backgrounds.
2. The evil bus, which gives us interesting developments about Deathlok, Raina, Quinn, and what Garrett is up to now.
3. Coulson's posse, who are trying to stop the murderers and get back Coulson's plane!
* The three story elements all come to a head at the end, setting up a massive cliffhanger!
As always, AWESOME feedback from the listeners!
"Nothing Personal" — (1×20) WTL7048
In Nothing Personal, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. continues it's crazy awesome race to the season finale with an episode filled with action and twists and turns.
* You can still vote for what movie Ben and Daniel will record a full length commentary about! Vote here!
* Stan Lee in Guardians of the Galaxy! -- Source: First Appearance Comics and Games
* X-Men: Days of Future Past cuts all mention of Scarlet Witch? -- Source: Cinema Blend
* DC and WB are making movies.
* Joe Q. was on Fatman on Batman podcast and talked -- Source: Fatman on Batman (warning -- explicit content)
This episode was BIG.
From Skye and Ward's back and forth to Maria Hill and Coulson's teaming up!
From Deathlock's information digging to May's grave digging!
From Tripplet showing he's a stand up agent to Coulson proving he was the most stand up agent out there!
This was an episode about good, smart people taking on bad, smart people.
Safe to say, we liked it, from Man-Thing's name drop to Lola's free fall!
And, as usual, feedback about Turn, Turn, Turn and The Only Light in the Darkness from an awesome collection of listeners!